Monday, September 15, 2008

"Where a kid can be a kid!"

Over the weekend, we hung out with Alex's "married w/ kids" friends and celebrated Ayden's 5th bday (our ring bearer). Drove down to mira mesa where we met up with some friends at PUMP IT UP...inflatables galore! It was like our own astro jumping experience in a humongo room! Felt like a kid again...good times!












Being a kid...is freaken awesome. No worries, no responsibilities...carefree, fun loving,...and seriously, just having a grand ol' time. Now...having a kid? That's a whole other story...talk about entering a new chapter of adulthood...this is a reality check of full blown responsibilities left and right! Of course, kids are cute, loveable, and all kinds of sweet...well, sometimes at least. And who's ever REALLY ready for parenthood? Sometimes it can "accidentally" happen or the smart thing would be to actually plan it right. How can you really plan, actually...let me rephrase that...how can you really be ready for that plan? Regardless to that response...you kinda just go with it. And that's what parenting is about...you learn and relearn...you see what works, you get what you get and make changes. With that said, am I ready? Or should I say...are WE ready? I absolutely LOVE kids! And hey...I see newborn babies ALL the time, given that I work at the postpartum unit. There hasn't been a day where I haven't heard those words uttered by many, "So when are you planning to have a baby?" I should turn around and give them a little slap and say, "Are you gonna help me with the expenses?" ...just kidding...


There's been talk...don't get me wrong...we've discussed it. At this point, we're not at all financially ready to have a baby...but our hearts have it. I can see how much Alex loves his nephew, Elijah, and how playful he is towards him. He's gonna be a great dad. I see how his eyes lit up when he plays with his nephew...it's amazing. For the past few weeks or so, we've been surrounded by babies, toddlers, and a crowd of kids...so it's only natural to feel that "desire" to have kids of our own as well. We shall see... only time will tell. As of right now, i love my husband and i love spending every moment with him...


With that said...happy 1 year anniversary to us! Hubby LOVED the new watch...going out to dinner in Cardiff tonight and take a bite of our wedding cake and have some bubbly!...that's just the snack..."dessert" later...OW! hahaha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment