Monday, September 8, 2008

Clinical Study

So I just got home from a long ass day of CLINICALS! I'm just glad that we only have to do grunt work with no pay just once a week. It's crazy because right now we are only taking care of one patient...we're able to thoroughly assessed our patient, and hey...even have a conversation with them without being pressured for time. In reality, that NEVER happens. God forbid you get stuck in a room for hours at a time, then get lectured about how late you clocked out, only to be eating away the company's money just because you were doing patient care...some of us at least, while the other 30% is lazy, incompetent and delegates their responsibilities to the other staff because, well, they don't feel like it. That's the real world. Careplans? I guess in the long run they do help us take care of our patients...but we don't ever write out a full careplan...it's already there in plain text. It's just busy work, I say. The real knowledge is applying what you learn into your skills and improve what has been researched. You can bore yourself with the monotony of schoolwork, but you have to apply your knowledge for any of it to make sense. Otherwise...you're just screwed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment